Dalat Flower Festival 2019 - 8th
Them "Dalat and Flower"
The 8th Da Lat Flower Festival - 2019
I. SPACE OF THE FESTIVAL, THEME, TIME
1. Celebration Area: Da Lat city, Bao Loc city, and some locals in the province.
1. Theme: “Da Lat and Flower”.
2. Time Duration: December 20th, 2019 to December 24th, 2019 in 05 days.
II. PROGRAMS AND CONTENT OF THE 8TH DA LAT FLOWER FESTIVAL - 2019
1. The inaugurate ceremony of the 8th Da Lat Flower Festival - 2019:
- Location: Lam Vien Square, Da Lat city.
- Time: 20:00pm, December 20th 2019.
- Directing Organization: People’s Committee of Lam Dong province.
- Content: inauguration, special art performing program… (live broadcast on VTV1 Chanel of Vietnam Television) .
2. Trade and Tourism Promotion in Lam Dong province in 2019 Workshop on Investment:
- Location: Sai Gon – Da Lat hotel.
- Time: December 21st, 2019 in the morning.
- Content: Introduce the potential and strengths of Lam Dong province; Organize the exhibition and introduction of typical products and services of Lam Dong province and information to attract investment; Discuss and share experiences in investment, trade and tourism promotion in Lam Dong province; Socio-economic development orientation and investment attraction in Lam Dong province in the coming time; Signing investment, trade and tourism cooperation minutes and agreements;
- Implementing and leading agency: Investment, Trade, and Tourism Promotion Center.
- Holding agency: People’s Committee of Lam Dong province.
3. Flowers space:
a) The scene to introduce typically and dominate fresh flowers of Da Lat according to the daily theme of the festival:
- Time: December 20th, 2019 to January 02nd, 2020.
- Location: Around Xuan Huong lake, Da Lat city.
- Content: Conveying the message of introducing the beauty of Da Lat people "Friendly, elegant, hospitable", Lam Dong tourism "Safe, civilized, friendly", with the participation of domestic and international businesses, organizations and individuals with the following topics:
+ December 20th, 2019: Theme “Charming, lovely Rose are arranged regularly in the area opposite Quan The Am Pagoda from December 20th, 2019 to January 2nd, 2020.
+ December 21st, 2019: Theme “Elegant, beautiful Lyly”.
+ December 22nd, 2019: Theme “Gentle Lisianthus, Hospitable Chrysanthemum”.
+ December 23rd, 2019: Theme “Brilliant, delicate orchids”.
+ December 24th, 2019: Theme “Colorful Da Lat flowers”.
- Implementing and organizing agency: Da Lat Flowers Association.
b) Fresh flowers decorated scene:
- Time: From December 18th, 2019 to January 02rd 2020.
- Location: Along Xuan Huong lake (opposite to Quan The Am pagoda).
- Content: Domestic and foreign enterprises will participate in preparing the scene exhibition:
+ Model of Da Lat ancient villa with fresh flowers and decorative leaves.
+ The park introduces new types of flowers and decorative leaves.
- Leading and implementing agency: Da Lat Flowers Association.
c) Open space:
c1) Le Dai Hanh Street, Ong Dao Bridge, fountain:
- Content: Arrangement of ornamental flowers and plants, decorative leaves (maintained regularly after the Festival).
- Direction Agency: People’s Committee of Da Lat city.
- Organizing and implementing agency: Da Lat Urban Services Joint Stock Company; Dalat Hasfarm Co., Ltd.
c2) Piloting light art route (from Tran Hung Dao Park to Saigon - Dalat hotel):
- Content: Arrangement of some flower landscapes at Tran Hung Dao park (Tran Hung Dao - Ho Tung Mau intersection), Tran Hung Dao - Tran Phu - Hoang Van Thu route (section from Tran Hung Dao park to Saigon - Da Lat Hotel) incorporation of decorative lights and artistic lighting effects at night, creating a focal point for the festival at night. This will be a long-term investment project, maintained after the Festival.
- Leading agency: People’s Committee of Da Lat city.
c3) Flower space in flower villages, businesses, resorts, garden, and residential areas:
- Content: People's Committee of Da Lat City will direct the wards and communes to develop detailed plans for implementation in the area. The traditional flower villages (Van Thanh, Ha Dong, Da Thien, Thai Phien, Xuan Thanh) have been certified their contribution in building unique spaces with typical flower types of the villages.
- Leading agency: People's Committee of Da Lat City.
4. Workshop on production cooperation and policies to attract investment for agriculture in Da Lat - Lam Dong and commercial vegetables and flowers exhibition:
- Time: Proposed to be on December 10th, 2019.
- Location: Proposed to be celebrated in Dragon King hotel, Da Lat city.
- Content: Workshop on smart agriculture development in the field of vegetable and flower trading and production in Da Lat - Lam Dong, combining the demonstration of some smart agricultural application models in the province.
- Directing agency: People’s Committee of Lam Dong province.
- Leading agency: Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
5. International flowers and bonsai exhibition 2019:
- Time: From December 20th, 2019 to January 01st, 2020.
- Location: Da Lat flowers garden.
+ Display and exhibition of flowers and ornamental plants with the participation of businesses, organizations, individuals, artisans...
+ Organizing competitions: "Orchid color convergence"; Bonsai, Bonsai flower - fruit, ornamental flower - fruit; beautiful display space; birds singing...
+ Other collateral activities: performing arts, gongs; calligraphy writing,
- Directing agency: People's Committee of Da Lat city.
- Organization of implementation: Da Lat Urban Services Joint Stock Company.
6. Fair of national trade-in Da Lat Flower Festival 2019:
- Time: From December 20th, 2019 to January 1st, 2020 (open at 08:00 on December 20th, 2019).
- Location: Da Lat Urban Cultural Park (Golf Valley project).
+ Displaying, introducing, promoting agricultural, industrial, handicraft and trade products ...which are typical and strengths of Lam Dong; The products are branded, reputable, high quality of the other localities in Vietnam. Introducing tours, tourist routes, attractions to tourists...
+ Activities of meeting and connecting trade between Lam Dong enterprises and enterprises outside the province.
- Leading agency: Department of Trade Promotion - Ministry of Industry and Trade; Industrial and Commercial Department; Center for Investment, Trade and Tourism Promotion; Lam Dong Tourism Association.
- Implementing agency: Center for Investment, Trade and Tourism Promotion.
7. Exchange program of Vietnam-Korea Culture and Art, the theme "Four Seasons of Flowers":
- Time: 19:00, December 21, 2019.
- Location: Lam Vien Square, Dalat City.
- Content: Exchange of Art and Culture between the Southern Highlands Art Troupe (Provincial Culture and Art Center) with Art Performing Group from Korea.
- Responsible agency: People's Committee of Da Lat City.
- Coordinating agency: Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism; Foreign Service. Invite art performers from Korea.
8. Da Lat architectural heritage honoring program:
a) Scientific conference "Journey of architectural heritage":
- Time: 01 sessions, December 23rd, 2019.
- Location: Dalat College of Education.
- Directing agency: People's Committee of Lam Dong province.
- Leading agency: Department of Construction.
b) Program "Hillside city 2019", the theme "Entering the art domain":
- Time: Within 2019 (Exhibition time is from December 2019 to January 2020).
- Location: Doc Nha Lang area (Ward 1, Da Lat city).
- Content: Organizing art programs and activities of a polymorphic community (painting, architecture, music,); thematic discussion on art and painting; annual exhibition "Hillside City"; street art (Ambient art, Street art); street music.
- Implementation Agency: Art Seven Company Limited (Art Seven); KOVA paint Group.
9. The opening ceremony of Lam Dong Tea and Silk Culture Week, with the theme "B'Lao shimmering night":
- Time: 20:00, December 21, 2019.
- Location: Center for Culture, Information, and Sports of Bao Loc city.
- Content: Opening Lam Dong Tea and Silk Culture Week in 2019 in combination with art performances.
- Responsible agency: People's Committee of Bao Loc City.
- Implementing unit: Center for Culture, Information, and Sports of Bao Loc city or event organizer.
10. Performing Bao Loc Silk Fashion "Flying High - Rising Far":
- Time: December 22nd, 2019 in the evening
- Location: Dong Nai lake, Bao Loc city (or other suitable location).
- Content: Promoting the brand of Bao Loc silk and brocade to domestic and international friends, combining with art performance program.
- Leading agency: The organizing committee of Bao Loc's Tea and Silk Culture Week.
11. Workshop on tea and mulberry industry associated with the socio-economic development orientation of Bao Loc city:
- Time: Expected on December 15th, 2019.
- Location: Seri Hotel, Bao Loc City.
- Content of the workshop: Discuss solutions and orientations for sustainable development of B'Lao tea industry and Bao Loc silk.
- Leading agency: Organizing Committee for Tea and Silk Culture Week.
- Implementing unit: Vietnam Tea Association, Vietnam Mulberry Association, People's Committee of Bao Loc City.
12. Art performance program in combination with the closing ceremony of the 8th Da Lat Flower Festival – 2019:
- Time: 19:00, December 24 2019.
- Location: Lam Vien Square, Dalat City.
+ Closing the 8th Dalat Flower Festival - 2019.
+ Art performance program with the participation of several famous artists in the country.
- Leading and implementing agency: Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, People's Committee of Da Lat city.